Social Communication Programs
Social Communication for Teenagers
Our Social Advocates Social Communication Program is specifically tailored for Autistic, ADHDers and socially anxious teenagers and high school students.
Using evidence-based principles and consultation with the Autistic community, this group offers a neurodivergent affirming space, where teens can meet and experience positive social engagement and interaction. We support our participants social communication style to achieve their social goals. This small group session provides teenagers and young adults with an opportunity to learn about their social communication in a supported environment.
WHAT WILL I LEARN?
- Fostering self-worth and promoting authenticity and self-validation
- Interoception skills (reinforcing all feelings are valid and learning self-regulatory strategies)
- Understanding and accepting different communication styles
- Confidence and joy within social interactions
- Perspective Taking
- Handling Conflict, Teasing and Bullying
- Electronic Communication and Cyberbullying
- Develop an understanding of their own communication style
- Developing self-advocacy and disclosure skills
- Developing an understanding of the impacts of masking
How long does the course run for?
Weekly 90 minute concurrent teen and parent sessions for 14 weeks